Kalo te përmbajtja
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
LIVE
Navigation

VA-NEWS

  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
Shortcuts
Home Latest
LIVE
Gjuha
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL

Search news

  1. Kryefaqja
  2. Football
  3. Atlético Madrid stance on Julián Álvarez ‘perfectly clear’ – Simeone
Football

Atlético Madrid stance on Julián Álvarez ‘perfectly clear’ – Simeone

• August 18, 2026 • 3 min read
◉ WhatsApp 𝕏 X
News

Diego Simeone described the situation of Barcelona target Julián Álvarez as “perfectly clear” on Tuesday, with the Atlético Madrid coach saying he wants to “build a team” around the star forward this season.

Atlético kick off their LaLiga campaign hosting Málaga at the Metropolitano on Wednesday, although Simeone confirmed that Álvarez — who returned for preseason training later than his teammates, having played in the World Cup final with Argentina — isn’t yet ready to take part.

Álvarez’s future has been the subject of intense speculation this summer, with Real Madrid making a €150 million ($173m) bid and president Joan Laporta confirming Barça’s interest, although Atlético CEO Miguel Ángel Gil Marín has insisted that the player is not available for transfer.

“I think if the club’s owner [Gil Marín] spoke categorically, as he did, then that’s it,” Simeone said in a news conference on Tuesday. “It’s perfectly clear. There’s nothing more to it. From there, we focus on the sporting side, trying to look after the person, the player, to get him in shape.”

Read more:Diego Simeone: Julián Álvarez central to Atlético Madrid plans despite Barcelona interest

ESPN reported last week that Simeone and Álvarez had held face-to-face talks, with the forward reiterating his desire to leave, and the coach saying that while Álvarez remained at the club, he would continue to play a key role in the team.

“I deal with the sporting side,” Simeone said on Tuesday.

“[Julian] is an extraordinary lad. We spoke, as we always do… We need more training sessions with him. He’s the best player we have in attack, I’ve said that and I still think that. I want to build a team around him.”

Read more:Arsenal’s dominance illustrates the mountain Maresca’s Man City have to climb

Simeone was asked if Álvarez should apologise to Atlético fans who had been upset by the player’s public admission, during the World Cup, that he wanted a move.

“People will have their opinions,” Simeone said. “I’m very respectful of people’s opinions, I always have been in these situations — Diego Costa, [Antoine] Griezmann and now Julián.”

Simeone also praised new signing Cristian Romero, who joined from Tottenham at the weekend.

Read more:Morgan Rogers scores first Chelsea goal as Enzo Fernández booed at Stamford Bridge

“[He’ll bring] leadership, strength, quality, experience, commitment,” Simeone said.

“I see him as a player who embodies Atlético Madrid’s values, and he’s here to help us.”

Read also
Football

Man United in talks with Brighton for Carlos Baleba – sources

Football

Paul Pogba leaves AS Monaco early after just six games

Tags: #Argentina #Barcelona #Cristian romero #Diego simeone #Has #Joan laporta #madrid #Real madrid

Journalist

From the same category
  • Man United in talks with Brighton for Carlos Baleba – sources
  • Paul Pogba leaves AS Monaco early after just six games
  • Where to watch Barcelona, Real Madrid LaLiga openers
  • Premier League Top 50: Ranking best players before 2026-27 season
  • Mourinho reveals Rodri’s doubts led to Barcelona move over Real Madrid
From the same tags
  • Man United in talks with Brighton for Carlos Baleba – sources
  • Where to watch Barcelona, Real Madrid LaLiga openers
  • Why is Sweden deporting Britons faster than any other EU country post-Brexit? | David Milstead | The Guardian
  • The hill I will die on: Packing light is for cowards. Pack heavy | Max Olesker | The Guardian
  • I have seen the raw grief of a family who lost a son to gambling. Labor’s stitch-up shows politics is broken | David Pocock | The Guardian
Similar articles
Football

Man United in talks with Brighton for Carlos Baleba – sources

Manchester United are in talks with Brighton over a deal for Carlos Baleba, sources have told ESPN. United…

• 1 hour ago • 1 min read
Football

Paul Pogba leaves AS Monaco early after just six games

Paul Pogba has left AS Monaco after his contract with the French club was ended a year early.…

• 1 hour ago • 2 min read
Football

Where to watch Barcelona, Real Madrid LaLiga openers

ESPN’s family of networks and digital platforms will once again be the home of LaLiga action this season.…

• 3 hours ago • 1 min read
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS

Modern portal of reliable, independent and multilingual news. Accurate information, every day.

  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
    • World
  • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Football
  • uncategorized
  • © 2026 VA News. Made with ♥ in Albania
    ⌂ Home ◷ Latest

    Powered by
    ►
    Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
    None
    ►
    Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
    None
    ►
    Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
    None
    ►
    Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
    None
    ►
    Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
    None
    Powered by