Kalo te përmbajtja
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
LIVE
Navigation

VA-NEWS

  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
Shortcuts
Home Latest
LIVE
Gjuha
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL

Search news

  1. Kryefaqja
  2. Lifestyle
  3. Prosecutors to retry Yung Filly on 3 rape charges in Australia
Lifestyle

Prosecutors to retry Yung Filly on 3 rape charges in Australia

• August 21, 2026 • 2 min read
◉ WhatsApp 𝕏 X
News

PERTH, Australia (AP) — British social media celebrity and rapper Yung Filly will be retried on three charges that allege he raped a fan in Australia following a music performance two years ago.

The 30-year-old entertainer, whose real name is Andres Felipe Valencia Barrientos, learned on Friday that prosecutors intend to try him for a second time on the charges.

Barrientos underwent an eight-day trial for the same alleged attack last month in the District Court of Western Australia state in Perth.

A jury found him guilty on two charges that he had assaulted the woman, then aged 20, occasioning bodily harm in a Perth hotel room in September 2024.

The jury also found him not guilty of choking her and not guilty of three of six charges of rape.

Read more:Australia’s drop in real wages is a disaster. But the profits of major corporations are doing just fine | Greg Jericho | The Guardian

The jury could not reach majority verdicts of at least 10 out of 12 jurors on the remaining three rape charges.

Prosecutor Danielle Clarke told Judge Linda Black that the alleged victim, who cannot be identified, was willing to testify again at a retrial.

Black was the original trial judge. She told defense and prosecution lawyers on Friday to consider whether they want a new judge to hear the retrial and whether the proceedings should be heard by a jury or by a judge alone.

The Colombian-born entertainer will be sentenced for the assault convictions after his retrial. No date for the trial has been set.

Read more:MPs shouldn’t face abuse. Neither should their staff – but here’s what we deal with every day | Estelle Warhurst | The Guardian

Barrientos has been free on bail since he was charged and was allowed to return to Britain for several months.

He said nothing to reporters as he left the court on Friday.

Barrientos had been touring Australia and had already performed in Sydney and Melbourne before he encountered his victim in Perth. He was arrested several days later in the east coast city of Brisbane, where the tour was to end.

Prosecutors alleged the woman initially agreed to have sex but withdrew her consent because she feared for her safety.

Read also
Lifestyle

A question looms over Harry’s return to the UK. Can he rebuild his relationship with Prince William?

Lifestyle

Jurors hear ‘Keffe D’ say his nephew fired fatal shots at Tupac Shakur in 1996 drive-by shooting

Tags: #Australia #Has #media #Melbourne #Music #Performance #Social media #Sydney

Journalist

From the same category
  • A question looms over Harry’s return to the UK. Can he rebuild his relationship with Prince William?
  • Jurors hear ‘Keffe D’ say his nephew fired fatal shots at Tupac Shakur in 1996 drive-by shooting
  • Michael Cohen, Trump’s former fixer-turned-enemy, is hosting the president on his radio show
  • What to know about Prince Harry’s move back to Britain with Meghan and the kids
  • Pulitzers and American Library Association launch ‘Pulitzer on the Road’ touring exhibit
From the same tags
  • Is Baleba the best replacement for Casemiro at Man United?
  • Relax, everyone: Elon Musk has a mantra to make the climate crisis go away | Emma Brockes | The Guardian
  • Zomi Frankcom did not deserve to die. Israel’s refusal to investigate her death and its failure to apologise is despicable | Geoffrey Robertson | The Guardian
  • Fat people cannot win, regardless of what we do. And I’ve had enough | Rebecca Shaw | The Guardian
  • There is nothing scientific about The Great ADHD Myth? ‘documentary’ | Gina Rippon | The Guardian
Similar articles
Lifestyle

A question looms over Harry’s return to the UK. Can he rebuild his relationship with Prince William?

LONDON (AP) — The royal family’s long-running American soap opera is returning to Britain. The question is whether…

• 4 hours ago • 6 min read
Lifestyle

Jurors hear ‘Keffe D’ say his nephew fired fatal shots at Tupac Shakur in 1996 drive-by shooting

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Jurors on Thursday heard Duane “Keffe D” Davis tell detectives in 2008 that his…

• 8 hours ago • 4 min read
Lifestyle

Michael Cohen, Trump’s former fixer-turned-enemy, is hosting the president on his radio show

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is expected to appear Thursday on the radio show of his former…

• 14 hours ago • 4 min read
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS

Modern portal of reliable, independent and multilingual news. Accurate information, every day.

  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
    • World
  • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Football
  • uncategorized
  • © 2026 VA News. Made with ♥ in Albania
    ⌂ Home ◷ Latest

    Powered by
    ►
    Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
    None
    ►
    Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
    None
    ►
    Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
    None
    ►
    Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
    None
    ►
    Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
    None
    Powered by