Liverpool have had a £50 million ($68m) bid for Brighton & Hove Albion’s Yankuba Minteh rejected, sources told ESPN.
Minteh is one of several options being assessed by Liverpool this summer, with the club prioritising the signing of forwards who can play out wide. The Gambia international is currently sidelined after undergoing surgery on a right leg injury sustained in a 3-0 friendly win against Roma earlier this month, with the problem expected to keep him out for at least eight weeks.
However, sources told ESPN he would be keen on moving to Anfield if a deal could be agreed, while Brighton are reluctant to sanction his exit. Liverpool also remain in talks for Paris Saint-Germain forward Bradley Barcola, who is valued at around £140 million ($190m).
Read more:PSG sign Belgium winger Mika Godts from Ajax for €55m
Andoni Iraola‘s side have also expressed an interest in Barcola’s teammate, Ibrahim Mbaye, with both players having been excluded from PSG’s squad for their Trophee des Champions clash with Lens on Sunday.
Liverpool are in the process of reinforcing their attack following the departure of Mohamed Salah on a free transfer at the end of last season. The Reds have already signed Spain international Víctor Muñoz in a £34.5m ($47m) deal from Osasuna and are expected to explore a number of opportunities to test the market between now and the end of the window.
Read more:Roberto De Zerbi hints at new blockbuster Tottenham transfer
Minteh has registered nine goals and eight assists in 66 Premier League appearances for Brighton since his £30 million ($41m) move from Newcastle United in the summer of 2024.




