Kalo te përmbajtja
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
LIVE
Navigation

VA-NEWS

  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
Shortcuts
Home Latest
LIVE
Gjuha
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL

Search news

  1. Kryefaqja
  2. Football
  3. Michael Carrick: ‘Ridiculous’ to say Man United have easy start
Football

Michael Carrick: ‘Ridiculous’ to say Man United have easy start

• August 20, 2026 • 4 min read
◉ WhatsApp 𝕏 X
News

Manchester United head coach Michael Carrick has hit back at suggestions that his side have been given a favourable start to the Premier League season, calling such comments “ridiculous.”

Carrick will begin his first full season in charge with Saturday’s trip to Championship playoff winners Hull City before hosting Ipswich Town, who finished runners-up in last season’s second tier. But Carrick insisted that the two newly promoted teams will present a stern challenge.

“I think, first of all, for all of us who know this league, there’s no favourable start,” Carrick told a news conference Thursday. “I think it’s a tough start — both teams, but not getting past Saturday. I think a newly-promoted team away from home is a tough, tough game.

“I’ve been involved in them in the past so I’m fully aware of what’s at stake, what’s coming at us on Saturday, what we’ve got to be ready for, so it’s not favourable.

Read more:Cristiano Ronaldo reveals retirement plans: ‘Probably my last year’

“I think it’s an easy thing to throw out there, but it’s pretty ridiculous and we’re certainly not taking it that way at all.”

The former United midfielder, captain and coach earned the permanent head coach’s role by leading the side to a third-placed finish last term to earn a return to the Champions League.

United bolstered their squad this summer with the signings of Youri Tielemans, Andrey Santos and Karl Darlow, but no first-team arrivals have followed that mid-July flurry.

ESPN reported on Wednesday that United are in talks with Brighton over the signing of midfielder Carlos Baleba, but there are still gaps, such as another left back, that need to be filled.

Read more:Manchester City in talks with Palmeiras for winger Allan Elias – sources

Carrick, though, expressed confidence that his squad will be in a stronger position by the end of this summer’s transfer window

“I just think we’re looking to strengthen the squad,” Carrick said when particular areas were put to him. “We’re certainly working towards that and making the most of the situation that we have, and trying to improve things and trying to move forward.

“Certainly trying to make most of the opportunities to finish the window stronger than we went into it, and I think we’re in a good way to doing that so far.”

Read more:Hollywood duo Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney reaffirm Wrexham’s Premier League target

Summer signings Tielemans and Santos could make their competitive United debuts on Saturday at the MKM Stadium, where former Hull goalkeeper Darlow looks set to be involved following a medical procedure at the end of last season.

The Wales international trained this week along with Benjamin Sesko and Matthijs de Ligt, who have been dealing with long-term shin and back injuries, respectively.

Mason Mount did not take part in Tuesday’s session but could be involved at Hull after missing United’s final two friendlies.

“Matta’s obviously been out for a long period of time, but he’s training and great to have him back,” Carrick said.

Read more:Kieran McKenna to step down as Ipswich manager after securing second Premier League promotion

“He won’t be involved but he’s in good shape and moving in a good direction, so that’s a good bonus for us, really, at this stage to have him back.

“Ben’s back training, so that’s again another positive. Looking forward to having him back around the group and getting him some minutes as well.

“Then managing Mason a little bit, but he’s very close so it’s touch and go for the weekend, really, if not going into next week.”

PA contributed to this report.

Read also
Football

Liverpool have £50 million bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton – sources

Football

Manchester City in talks with Palmeiras for winger Allan Elias – sources

Tags: #Benjamin sesko #Brighton #Carlos baleba #champions league #Championship #Has #Ipswich Town #Manchester united

Journalist

From the same category
  • Liverpool have £50 million bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton – sources
  • Manchester City in talks with Palmeiras for winger Allan Elias – sources
  • Mikel Arteta relishing prospect of Arsenal being ‘hunted’ in Premier League title race
  • PSG’s season opener moved due to heatwave-damaged Parc des Princes pitch
  • A decade of elite men’s soccer as seen through the FC 100
From the same tags
  • Michael Cohen, Trump’s former fixer-turned-enemy, is hosting the president on his radio show
  • Coffee intake tied to leaner fat-to-muscle ratio and improved insulin
  • Liverpool have £50 million bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton – sources
  • Manchester City in talks with Palmeiras for winger Allan Elias – sources
  • Mikel Arteta relishing prospect of Arsenal being ‘hunted’ in Premier League title race
Më të lexuarat — 48h
  1. 01
    Football Mourinho reveals Rodri’s doubts led to Barcelona move over Real Madrid 2 lexime · 2 days ago
  2. 02
    Opinion The flag culture wars have come to an unlikely place: progressive Iceland | Alexander Hurst | The Guardian 1 lexime · 2 days ago
  3. 03
    Opinion The hill I will die on: Packing light is for cowards. Pack heavy | Max Olesker | The Guardian 1 lexime · 2 days ago
Similar articles
Football

Liverpool have £50 million bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton – sources

Liverpool have had a £50 million ($68m) bid for Brighton & Hove Albion’s Yankuba Minteh rejected, sources told…

• 1 hour ago • 2 min read
Football

Manchester City in talks with Palmeiras for winger Allan Elias – sources

Manchester City are in talks over a deal for Palmeiras winger Allan Elias, sources have told ESPN. City…

• 3 hours ago • 2 min read
Football

Mikel Arteta relishing prospect of Arsenal being ‘hunted’ in Premier League title race

Mikel Arteta has said he is relishing the prospect of going from the hunter to “the hunted” as…

• 3 hours ago • 2 min read
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS

Modern portal of reliable, independent and multilingual news. Accurate information, every day.

  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
    • World
  • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Football
  • uncategorized
  • © 2026 VA News. Made with ♥ in Albania
    ⌂ Home ◷ Latest

    Powered by
    ►
    Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
    None
    ►
    Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
    None
    ►
    Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
    None
    ►
    Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
    None
    ►
    Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
    None
    Powered by