Kalo te përmbajtja
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS
  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
LIVE
Navigation

VA-NEWS

  • Home
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Health
  • Technology
  • Sport
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
  • Travel
Shortcuts
Home Latest
LIVE
Gjuha
  • EN
  • SQ
  • IT
  • FR
  • ES
  • DE
  • EL

Search news

  1. Kryefaqja
  2. Lifestyle
  3. Prince Harry and 6 others to learn initial cost of failed Daily Mail case
Lifestyle

Prince Harry and 6 others to learn initial cost of failed Daily Mail case

• August 21, 2026 • 3 min read
◉ WhatsApp 𝕏 X
News

LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry and six others, including Elton John, are set to find out Friday how many millions of pounds they will have to pay initially to the publisher of Britain’s Daily Mail newspaper following their failed invasion of privacy case.

Following their defeat in a High Court case in London last month alleging malpractice, such as the illegal hacking of phones, the high-profile figures will learn the scale of their exposure to the roughly 34 million pounds ($46 million) in legal costs accumulated by Associated Newspapers Ltd. The losing claimants are believed to be insured for around half that total.

In addition to an initial payment, which could be up to 10 million pounds, they will find out how they will pay the outstanding amount.

The publisher had strongly denied the claims made during the 11-week trial in London, which ended on July 7 when Justice Matthew Nicklin said there had been a shortage of evidence to support the claims and found a possibility that the reporting came from legitimate sources.

Read more:Senior British royals gather as King Charles’ nephew marries nurse Harriet Sperling

Nicklin is due to give his decision on the financial implications of that decision in a written statement at 2 p.m.

Associated Newspapers has asked for more than 9.9 million pounds as an interim payment, while lawyers for the claimants say the interim payment should be just over 7.9 million pounds.

The other high-profile figures behind the case were Doreen Lawrence, the anti‑racism activist whose son Stephen was stabbed to death in 1993 as he waited for a bus; Elton John’s film producer husband David Furnish; actors Sadie Frost and Liz Hurley; and politician Simon Hughes.

Read more:A timeline of Prince Harry and Meghan’s relationship with the royal family as they return to the UK

The judgment comes two days after it was made public that Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are moving back to the U.K. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are no longer working royals, decamped to California more than six years ago but will relocate back later this month to live in a nonroyal residence outside London.

Harry’s defeat against Associated Newspapers brought an end to a trio of lawsuits accusing tabloid publishers of using unlawful tactics, such as phone hacking or hiring private detectives to dig up dirt on his life.

Harry won a judgment in 2023 that condemned the publishers of the Daily Mirror for “widespread and habitual” phone hacking. Last year, Rupert Murdoch’s flagship U.K. tabloid, The Sun, made an unprecedented apology for intruding on his life for years and agreed to pay substantial damages to settle his privacy invasion lawsuit.

Read more:Why are journalists being subjected to search warrants in the US? | Caitlin Vogus | The Guardian

Harry has said his litigation — in which he broke with royal family tradition to seek relief in the courts — was a primary source of his falling out with his father, King Charles III, and brother Prince William.

His grudge with the tabloids runs deep and his legal actions are part of his larger quest to reform the news media that he says damaged his relationships and made him “ paranoid beyond belief.”

He blames the press for the death of his mother, Princess Diana, who was killed in a car crash in 1997 while being pursued by paparazzi in Paris, and for attacks on his wife, Meghan, that led the couple to abandon royal life and move to the United States in 2020.

Read also
Lifestyle

Fall books: Fiction takes the spotlight in bookstores during the midterm season

Lifestyle

5 books to read this fall, from Marlon James to Joe Biden

Tags: #California #Daily Mail #Family #Has #Live #media #Newspapers #Paris #Prince

Journalist

From the same category
  • Fall books: Fiction takes the spotlight in bookstores during the midterm season
  • 5 books to read this fall, from Marlon James to Joe Biden
  • Prosecutors to retry Yung Filly on 3 rape charges in Australia
  • A question looms over Harry’s return to the UK. Can he rebuild his relationship with Prince William?
  • Jurors hear ‘Keffe D’ say his nephew fired fatal shots at Tupac Shakur in 1996 drive-by shooting
From the same tags
  • Wild boars strike repeatedly to pile problems onto relegated Real Oviedo
  • Kylian Mbappé, Vinícius Júnior, Jude Bellingham aren’t ‘incompatible’ at Real Madrid – José Mourinho
  • Is Baleba the best replacement for Casemiro at Man United?
  • Prosecutors to retry Yung Filly on 3 rape charges in Australia
  • Zomi Frankcom did not deserve to die. Israel’s refusal to investigate her death and its failure to apologise is despicable | Geoffrey Robertson | The Guardian
Më të lexuarat — 48h
  1. 01
    Football Man City’s 115 charges still linger ahead of new Premier League season. Why? 1 lexime · 2 days ago
Similar articles
Lifestyle

Fall books: Fiction takes the spotlight in bookstores during the midterm season

NEW YORK (AP) — Midterm election news will fill the headlines this fall, but, among book buyers, fiction…

• 1 hour ago • 8 min read
Lifestyle

5 books to read this fall, from Marlon James to Joe Biden

NEW YORK (AP) — Book lovers this fall can look forward to a wealth of fiction, biographies, memoirs,…

• 1 hour ago • 4 min read
Lifestyle

Prosecutors to retry Yung Filly on 3 rape charges in Australia

PERTH, Australia (AP) — British social media celebrity and rapper Yung Filly will be retried on three charges…

• 5 hours ago • 2 min read
VA-NEWS VA-NEWS

Modern portal of reliable, independent and multilingual news. Accurate information, every day.

  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
    • World
  • Opinion
  • Sport
    • Football
  • uncategorized
  • © 2026 VA News. Made with ♥ in Albania
    ⌂ Home ◷ Latest

    Powered by
    ►
    Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
    None
    ►
    Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
    None
    ►
    Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
    None
    ►
    Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
    None
    ►
    Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
    None
    Powered by